Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Characteristic Of Autism

I have readers asking me, "I suspect that my child is autistic, but I am not sure whether is he or not". Here are the guideline from a poster that I have seen in UMMC.

Usually the moms will be the first to notice something is different. My advice, stop guessing and get a professional advice. Don't simply listen to Tom, Dick & Harry and waste your time.

When I told my friends that I wanted to get my son checked out last time, they asked me not to go and get him labelled "so what if he is labelled? Are you going to spend the time and money and go for all the therapies?". I am glad I went ahead with my own instinct and got help for my son. Now I looked back for the past one year, I wanna laugh at myself for crying like a mad woman for weeks and nearly went bonkers.

If you want a better view of the poster, you can download it here -->http://www.infosihat.gov.my/infosihat/media/Poster/A/pdf/52_Autism.pdf

2 comments:

  1. those kids need special attention, not discrimination. I also bring my boy to a child therapist last year to have a check but glad that it turns out good and he is just a slow learner and reserved kid.

    At least we got an answer to our question and stop other busybody people from guessing whether he is autism kid or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete