Thursday, April 05, 2012

Sasha cooks: Ladybird & Bee Steamed Cupcakes

I have been thinking to make this cupcake ever since I saw it in her blog. So after few days of thinking, I said what the heck, let's do it. So I followed her recipe and got the ingredients ready but I didn't  enough of the red rounded jelly mould (I have 4 only) but I have lots of Egg Tart moulds and I do not have any cupcake paper. I thought nevermind, since it won't work anyway (since I have been failing to bake chiffon cake so many days!)

So I got my Thermomix ready. Throw everything in, sifted the flour and baking powder together and got my colouring and piping bag ready. I didn't dare to take pic of the preparation stage cos my mum used to tell me, if I talk about it, I will jinx it. But I took pic of the steaming process after I saw it rising perfectly. hehe
yeap, I mixed and them steamed in the same machine.

And this was the outcome
Probably my mould is too low or I didn't mix the egg and sugar till fluffy then only add in the flour, so that's why it didn't look like the hers'.
I tried it, and it was quite yummy.
Maybe next round I shall mix the egg and sugar till its fluffy then only add in the rest of the ingredients.
:)

16 comments:

  1. So cute and nice. Thumbs up to you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh.... The ladybug is soooo pretty and cute. Issit troublesome to make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so pretty and real! You are really good, Sasha.. From what I see, it looks like some skills are required to get the end result. Let me hop over to the link, no la.. Not going to bake.. Just curious.. Hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tq! ^^ hahahaha why not , just look see also syiok ma.

      Delete
  4. hey! whatever it is,
    looks damn pro and cute leh!! you sure are talented, baking is my weakness, i mean, making cakes, cupcakes, or whatever, that part...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahha if talented then i won't fail so many times baking my chiffon cake. But thanks :D

      Delete
  5. so cute ! Love the look of the cup cakes. How to eat? Too cute to sink the teeth onto them. hahaha.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha nice to see but not so nice to eat cos i cut the amt of sugar. maybe sweeter is nice. Thanks :D

      Delete
  6. So cute and pretty!! I want i want i want!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and pretty, how you draw the ladybird on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky, Thanks
      I use piping tool to draw the ladybug and bee :)

      Delete
  8. Very cute, next time can do the 'angry birth " hahaha ...

    ReplyDelete